Thursday, February 4, 2010

Of watermarks and names.

So, I've never been a huge fan of watermarks. I've always liked signatures better. I just think watermarks look tacky. But for some reason, today I really felt like making a watermark that could double as a signature.

Which brings me to something I don't ever think I've explained before: what the hell a "reaper cat" is anyway.

As I recall, it all started in around seventh grade. I needed a new e-mail address. (What the hell was my e-mail adress before, come to think of it? Hmmm...) I was vacuuming (vaccuming? vacuming? vaccumming? vaccccccccummmmmmming?) my room, and all of the sudden the screen name "reaper_cat_two_oh" popped into my head, so I made it my email. For all I know, "reaper_cat_20" was available. I mean, hell, "reaper_cat" was probably available. But for some reason I really had my heart set on this "two_oh" thing. Oh, and I have no idea where "reaper cat" came from. I liked cats and I liked grim reapers, I guess.

At any rate, I got that e-mail address, and started adding little cats with scythes to my art. My original thingy looked a little something like this:





'Cept worse.

I gradually stopped using it because it didn't match the more feminine quality that my art now has, but I've always wanted to use the whole reaper cat idea again. I'd meant to draw a "cuter" version of it, but I guess I just never did.

So, today I made a watermark. I'm not sure if I'll ever even use it, but at least I have one. And here it is:












I guess it's not so bad~ I'll probably just use it as a signature or something. I have to keep the opacity down so it doesn't look all "HEY I'M A WATERMARK." And I'd do it in black, not red. I'm not really sure why I drew it in red. My art is clearly superior to everything, ever. I mean, look how happy that doodle of me is!

Oh, here's a close-up of it:











I think it's kinda cute. I wanted to make the cat feminine without making it... weird and furry-like.

Hey, two updates in one day! I'm on a roll with this blog thing.

♥ Rosie xoxo

1 comment: